Decorah Community School District engages in annual strategic planning guided by our shared mission, vision, values and strategic planning pillars and promises. Our strategic planning is built upon a philosophy of continual improvement and systems thinking.
Learning – Thriving – Creating Our Legacy
- At Decorah Community School District we embrace student learning and well-being as our fundamental purpose; we will, in partnership with our students, families, and community, make the world a better place.
Decorah Community School District will be a collaborative, innovative, learning-centered organization empowering students to embrace their personal strengths and create their future.
Decorah Community School District is guided by the following core values:
Collaboration and Community
- We believe collaboration and community partnerships promote innovation and shared responsibility.
Curiosity and Creativity
- We believe curiosity and creativity lead to meaningful learning.
Engagement and Excellence
- We believe engagement and excellence foster personal ownership, and pride and joy in work and learning.
Equity and Well-being
- We believe equity and well-being ensure a safe learning environment, a sense of belonging, and student success.
Integrity and Humility
- We believe integrity and humility create respectful, trusting relationships.
Stewardship and Sustainability
- We believe stewardship and sustainability promote efficient and effective operations now and in the future.
Our Strategic Planning Pillars and Promises
Our Promise- Ensure each student receives a well-rounded educational experience that fosters learning and personal growth.
- Iowa School Performance Profile
- Iowa Statewide Assessment of Student Progress
Our Promise- Maintain a workplace environment and culture that promotes engagement, well-being, and a focus on student success.
- Pulse Employee Engagement and Satisfaction Surveys
Safety and Well-being
Our Promise- Promote and protect the safety and well-being of students, families, employees, community, and resources.
- Pulse Student, Parent, and Employee Engagement and Satisfaction Surveys
- Conditions for Learning Survey
Our Promise- Foster a positive, supportive, engaging, and service-oriented culture for students, parents, community, and one another.
- Pulse Student and Parent Engagement and Satisfaction Surveys
Finance, Facilities, and Operations
Our Promise- Ensure equitable allocation, and optimal utilization of district finances and facilities to support the achievement of district goals.
- Annual Unspent Authorized Budget Percentage
- Annual Solvency Ratio
- Annual Enrollment
- Tax Rate