While we continue to make great progress when it comes to ensuring equity throughout our district, we know we have more work to do. Below are some examples of how we are seeking to improve when it comes to equity in our schools:
- We are creating capacity for our Leadership Team to lead conversations around equity and cultural competencies.
- We look to understand the needs of our students, staff, and families through participation in focus groups.
- We are listening to students, families, staff, and community members in an effort to better assess our current culture.
- We are partnering with West Wind Education Policy to provide cultural competency training for administrators, teachers, and associates.
- We are increasing diverse books in classroom and building libraries across the district.
- We are conducting equity audits of elementary classroom libraries.
- We are introducing diverse toys in elementary classrooms.
We look forward to engaging our community as we work to achieve our important goals when it comes to equity in Decorah Community School District.