The Decorah Community School District is seeking substitute Classroom Teachers and Associate substitutes. If you are interested or have questions about these positions, please call (563) 382-4208 or email Lois Kuennen.
- All Substitutes must submit to a criminal background check.
- Substitute teachers must have a valid Iowa Teaching License, Iowa Substitute License, or Iowa Substitute Authorization License.
Substitute Pay for the school year are as follows:
|Based on route
Additional Teacher Substitute Information
The Iowa Board of Educational Examiners requires all substitute teachers to have or, have had, an Iowa teaching license (or out-of-state teaching license) as well as a Substitute Teaching License. Additionally, Substitute Authorization is offered to those who will substitute for a maximum of five days in one teaching assignment in grades 7-12 only. (UPDATE)
- Substitute teachers earn $120.00 per day
- The long-term substitute teacher rate (following ten consistent days in the same position) increases based on the individual substitutes most current step and lanes on the district’s teacher salary schedule (not including TSS funds)
- You determine the days and hours you want to work (limited to 29.5 hours per week in compliance with the Affordable Care Act)
- You select the schools in which you want to work
- Decorah Schools is an equal opportunity employer
- Substitute Teacher Job Description (coming soon…)
Substitute Teacher Resources
Proclamation of Disaster Emergency – Use of Substitute Teachers (effective 7/1/2020)